Sunday Hours & Services
We are now open Sundays 4:00-8:00 p.m.!
(Except holiday and General Conference weekends and semester breaks.)
Come Visit us on Sundays!
Visit us on Sundays to take advantage of the many family history resources the BYU Library has to offer, including:
- In-person family history assistance
- Collections including premium databases, books, and microforms
- Access to over a billion FamilySearch digital images that can’t be viewed at home
- Scanning family memories (pictures, home movies, audio cassettes, etc.)
- Printing fan charts or large family photos
- Group activities and instruction for YSAs, youth, family, and other groups (Contact the family history missionaries to schedule.)
Sunday Library Hours
In addition to our regular hours, the BYU Library is open for in-person family history visitors on Sundays 4:00-8:00 PM, except for holiday and General Conference weekends and semester breaks.
Upcoming Sunday Hours
- Sunday, Jun 18, 2023: Closed (Father’s Day & Juneteenth)
- Sunday, Jun 25, 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Jul 2, 2023: Closed (Independence Day)
- Sunday, Jul 9, 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Jul 16 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Jul 23, 2023: Closed (Pioneer Day)
- Sunday, Jul 30 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 6 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 13 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 20 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Aug 27 2023: Open 4:00-8:00pm
- Sunday, Sep 3, 2023: Closed (Labor Day)
- Only the Family History section on Level 2 of the BYU Library will be open on Sundays. The rest of library will be closed Sundays.
- Only family history missionary help will be available on Sundays, not student or full time employee assistance.
- Technical support will be limited on Sundays. If there are technical issues with equipment, please be patient, as these may not be able to resolved on a Sunday.
Can I get personal assistance with family history on Sunday?
Yes! On the Sundays when the BYU Library is open for family history you can visit us for in-person help. (Note that the virtual help desk is currently not available on Sundays.) Groups may also schedule visits on Sundays by contacting the family history missionaries.
Will virtual help be available on Sundays?
Virtual family history help will not be available on Sundays. For now, we will only be offering help in person on Sundays. Virtual help will continue to be available on weekdays.
Do I need to schedule an appointment during Sunday open hours?
- Individuals can walk in without an appointment during our Sunday hours of operation.
- Individuals also have the option to schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment contact the Family History Missionaries.
- Groups need an appointment. To schedule an appointment contact the Family History Missionaries.
- For scanning, it is best to schedule the equipment. Reserve a scanner online or contact the Help Desk prior to Sunday.
Will virtual classes continue on Sundays now that the library is open Sundays?
Will you be offering in-person classes on Sundays as well?
For now, we will not be holding regular in-person classes, but you may contact us to schedule in-person group activities or instruction on Sundays. Eventually we will resume some scheduled in-person classes on Sundays in addition to virtual classes. Meanwhile, live or recorded virtual classes may be shown in one of the classrooms.
Can I schedule a class or activity for a group on Sundays?
Yes, we love to host YSAs, youth, and adult groups for classes or other family history activities. To schedule a group, contact the family history missionaries. You can also schedule these on weekdays.
Is the BYU Library open Saturdays?
The BYU Library is open most Saturdays. However, the family history missionaries are not currently here on Saturdays. Reference assistance from students at the Religion/Family History Help Desk is available.